Friday 24 April 2015

What's Lane Reading?

Hi Spartans. I thought you might be curious about what I'm reading right now. Well, it's called All the Light We Cannot See, and it's by Anthony Doerr. So far, I'm really enjoying it. It's set during World War II in Paris, and later other parts of France, and Germany. It follows the two separate stories of blind French girl, Marie-Laure, and Werner, a German boy. Both are alone in the world, and forced to make their way during such a tumultuous time in human history. The final intrigue is a cursed diamond. I'm not sure how this journey is going to end, but I'm thinking the boy, the girl, and the diamond will somehow come together, and I'm excited to find out! I also have to mention that many of the descriptions in this novel will appeal to your other senses- not your sense of sight. Therefore, you "see" the world through Marie-Laure's eyes, and let me tell you, it's illuminating.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 PAGE TURNERS- 2023 We have read so many great books this year, so far: BLINDNESS by Jose Saramago A city is hit by an epidemic of "wh...